OR56 Annual Conference
9 - 11 SEPTEMBER 2014
Royal Holloway, University of London, Egham, Surrey. TW20 0EX
A Great Place and a Great Conference for Academics and Practitioners!
OR56 was a unique opportunity to develop professional skills, build knowledge of the latest developments, use people’s experiences to spark imagination, and meet, discuss and share with others in the field.
- 24 STREAMS and around 200 presentations of interest to academics and practitioners alike, including for example, case studies and presentations in methodological areas such as simulation, analytics, forecasting, problem-structuring; and application areas such as health, public policy, third sector, and supply chain.
- PRACTITIONERS – be they Analytics professionals, Data Scientists, Systems Engineers, Decision Supporters, or just plain analysts, a dedicated Making an Impact (MAI) day on Wednesday 10th September: focused sessions for consultants, analysts and decision makers – and anyone with a passion for making the world work more effectively.
- PLENARY talks from : -
- Ursula Brennan (Permanent Secretary at the Ministry of Justice)
- Andrew Jennings, (Senior Vice President and Chief Analytics Officer at FICO)
- Stewart Robinson, (Professor of Mgmt. Science at Loughborough University and President of the OR Society).
- A DEBATE – Our first! “Is Good Enough Good Enough?”
Come and join a contest between optimisers and satisficers with Join Jacek Gondzio, Professor in the School of Mathematics, Edinburgh University and Konstantinos Katsikopoulos a senior researcher and associate professor at the Centre for Adaptive Behaviour and Cognition of the Max Planck Institute for Human Development.
- PANEL DISCUSSION - On the emerging field of Behavioural OR.
This plenary panel will try to help to shape a conceptual view of what ‘Behavioural Operational Research’ is, what it should be, and what its perspective can contribute to the theory and practice of OR.