SWORDS trip to Sony UK Technology Centre.
Date: Wednesday 7th of May 2014
The Sony UK Technology Centre at Pencoed is the UK home of the Raspberry Pi and is the only facility outside of Japan to manufacture high definition camera units. Cameras and equipment produced at Pencoed can be found at sports stadiums and television studios around the world. It is also home to the Sony Customer Service Centre.
We need to know well in advance who is attending this event and places are strictly limited to 25. Please contact me ASAP to reserve your place. Please let me know your affiliation and whether you will be taking a car. Their address is: Pencoed Technology Park, Pencoed, CF35 5HZ.
Please note the following:
* Closed and flat footwear should be worn. Shorts and hats are not permitted!
* The tour will start at 2pm prompt so please arrive well before.
* The visit is likely to last around 90 minutes.
* Park in the Visitors area and book in at the Security Lodge at the South Gate Entrance
* Filming and photography are not permitted
* However please be aware that visitors may be filmed by Sony
This is the final meeting of the SWORDS programme for 2013/14. If you have any suggestions for speakers or visits for next year, please let me know.
If you have any other queries please do not hesitate to contact me, Jonathan Thompson, Secretary of SWORDS. Tel: 029 2087 5524. Email: ThompsonJMI@cardiff.ac.uk