Health & Social Services Special Interest Group
The Group’s main aims are:
- to facilitate the exchange of information about current work on health
and social services topics amongst practitioners;
- to disseminate information about O.R. studies to doctors, nurses, administrators
and other health service workers; and
- to provide a forum for the discussion of matters of interest to O.R. scientists
and their clients in the health and social services.
In pursuit of these objectives the Group:
- arranges conferences, meetings and workshops (our efforts are concentrated
on four one-day conferences per year: past endeavours include a series of
meetings on various health-service O.R. applications and a workshop that
led to the Special Interest Group’s submission to the Royal Commission on
- publishes an occasional register of current O.R. projects in health and
- maintains a mailing list of people and organisations interested in the
application of O.R. in health and social services; and
- supports, as appropriate, liaison with other bodies such as the EURO Working
Group O.R. applied to health Services and the Medical Specialists’ Group
of the British Computer Society.
For the latest on Health and Social Services, why not join the emailing
. Receive the news by email and circulate any messages of your own.