Special Interest Groups
A Special Interest Group (SIG) of the OR Society is intended to serve some or all of the following objectives:
- To provide a focal point where members with a common interest in a particular O.R. area can meet together and exchange ideas and experience.
- To further technical development in a particular sphere.
- To promote a particular aspect of O.R. and to increase management understanding of the same.
- To help represent the O.R. Society viewpoint in joint activities with other Societies.
- To prepare written material on the "state of the art" for general publication.
- To provide education for new entrants to the profession or to the area covered by the Special Interest Group
As a member you have the advantage of free attendance at meetings of any of the Society's Special Interest Groups run throughout the UK. Click on the list below for individual information on a Special Interest Group. Contact numbers are always provided.