Young to OR 20 Annual Conference
4 – 6 April 2017
The Wesley Euston Hotel 81-103 Euston Street, London, United Kingdom, NW1 2EZ www.thewesley.co.uk
Tailor Made for Early Career Operational Researchers and Analysts in O.R. for ten years or less!
Young to OR 20 is a biennial conference for academics and practitioners with up to ten years of experience in O.R.
Six reasons to attend:
- Friendly environment to present to peers, exchange ideas, receive feedback
- One-off opportunity to listen/engage with experts from leading organisations
- Expand your learnings via workshops and technical taster sessions
- Collaborate with your peers on a real time problem challenge (and win the prize!)
- Discuss your career with experts at a dedicated panel session
- Meet new people, build your professional network for the future
Four Plenary Speakers
- Ruth Kaufman, President of The OR Society and Independent Consultant
OR, the ORS and you: challenges and opportunities
- John Hopes, Partner at EY (formerly known as Ernst & Young)
Brexit means Brexit. But what does Brexit mean?
- Sandra Weddell, Transport Modelling Manager at London Underground (TfL)
My travels through OR
- Tony O’Connor, Chief Analyst, MoD and Chair Government O.R. Service
Making a Difference through OR
Great Presentations: in a variety of streams which include Analytics, Consultancy, Energy, Health to name just a few and a chance to win the Elsie Cropper prize for best paper!
- Make Your Voice Heard
- Working with Uncertainty
- Social Return on Investment
- Understanding Research & Publishing
Two Technique Tasters
- Build a Quantitative Risk Register using @RISK
- Exploring AnyLogic and Real-World Simulation
Three Guest Speaker Sessions
- Robust Optimization: Solving Practical Optimization Problems.
- The Power of Nodes & Arcs: How Bayesian Belief Networks help Reason, Predict & Explain
- Working with Clients – The Key Consultancy Skills
- Practical Solutions to Complex Problems (sponsors, Polaris Consulting).
FULL INFORMATION CAN BE FOUND THROUGH THE GREY HEADINGS ON THE LEFT OF THIS SCREEN.
Location and Venue
A central London hotel and conference venue with strong ethical and sustainable values, the four star Wesley Hotel is a few minutes’ walk from Euston Station and within easy reach of key transport connections such as King's Cross station.