Young to OR 20 Annual Conference
4 – 6 April 2017
The Wesley Euston Hotel 81-103 Euston Street, London, United Kingdom, NW1 2EZ www.thewesley.co.uk
You are in the early stage of your Operational Research Career i.e. ten years or less, so where better to go than the Young to OR 20 Conference!
Young to OR 20 is a biennial conference for academics and practitioners with up to ten years of experience in O.R.
Attendees have the opportunity to present their work to peers in a supportive environment, while learning about how O.R. techniques have been used in a wide range of applications. Parallel streams of talks are interspersed with presentations from plenary and keynote speakers, interactive workshops, careers advice and much more.
The Theme of this conference is - “To showcase the current thoughts in research, demonstrate OR in real time applications and more, to encourage the exchange of ideas and collaborations between academic research and industry practices, during and beyond the 3-day conference.”
YOR20 is tailor made for early O.R. career people and the many benefits of attending and also presenting include (but are not limited to):
- An introduction to like-minded people to enable you to create a new network of contacts.
- Great skills development in presenting to your peers – an excellent group to practice on, or just come
along, listen and learn from them.
- Get feedback and advice on the approaches you’ve taken to your project or research.
- A select group of career advisors are ready to take your questions!
- A variety of Workshops are provided for you to actively take part in.
- Add this important experience to your CV. Receive your certificate of presentation.
- Gain a helping hand to achieving valuable Accreditation through the OR Society.
FULL INFORMATION CAN BE FOUND THROUGH THE GREY HEADINGS ON THE LEFT OF THIS SCREEN.
If you’d like to put your mark on Young to OR 20 and run a stream or sponsor or exhibit, please contact our Conference Chair, Kuangyi Liu, at Kuangyi.Liu1@astrazeneca.com or Hilary Wilkes at
Location and Venue
A central London hotel and conference venue with strong ethical and sustainable values, the four star Wesley Hotel is a few minutes’ walk from Euston Station and within easy reach of key transport connections such as King's Cross station.
The Wesley Hotel is the only hotel to have been awarded the Social Enterprise Mark and is the first ethical hotel in the UK. http://www.thewesley.co.uk/en/why-we-are-ethical.html. “A distinct example of how they create social value is the Hilda Porter Bursary Fund, which provides funding for marginalised students and young people in the UK and developing world, who do not have the means to study at higher education level.”